Friday, June 15, 2012

Interiors: Floor Clutter

Floor clutter is not a bad thing, at least that's what I keep telling myself. Since I lost my bedside table in the fire, I've been utilizing...the floor. And since we no longer have much shelving to hold our massive collection of books we're utilizing...you guessed it...the floor. I'm so glad my dogs are older now and aren't interested in chewing everything like they once were. The thing is, I'm not really rushing out to replace all this stuff because, with a little organization, it actually looks OK. Not as awesome as these spaces of course, but functional and quite cozy.

Any fun plans this weekend? We're headed to Georgia for a quick visit with family. I forsee a lot of driving and listening to audio books in my future. Have a great one! xo

images: 1// decor8 2// blackbird style 3// the veda house 4// desire to inspire 5// riazzoli

5 comments:

Loris Glassworks said...

First, I want to say how sorry I am for your loss and the effort needed to pull your life back together.
I love books and I think I would like a very cozy space lined with books. I don't like clutter, but books are a piece of art to me. Think of it as a new 'art installation'.
Best Wishes to you, your husband, and the pups.
Cheers!
Lori D.
Atlanta

Dear Demoiselle said...

Sounds like your books survived the fire then? That's great, books are difficult and expensive to replace. I love these spaces! Actually, these images are just the encouragement I needed right now... my boyfriend and I will be moving to another city soon (eeek!!) and I guess there will be lots of stuff on floors both in the old and the new apartment over the next weeks =/

Em-Jae said...

Oh goodness, I'm so very sorry. Sounds like the most important souls survived the fire though :]

I say, take your time replacing things. Make it fun. Look for pieces you truly LOVE (that way they're filled with happiness) instead of simple replacements.

I actually love a little floor clutter. I think it looks eclectic and bohemian -- like you're too busy LIVING life to be bothered with silly things like furniture and organization. I love it.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your fire! That sucks. If I were an insurance company, I would be all over you with advertising right now!

Good luck with everything. I am glad that all the best was saved! (you, your man, your dogs)

Krystal said...

oh good! i'm doing this unintentionally, haha :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Pin It button on image hover